Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Snaps: Shot

I've decided to retire the rotating thumbnail photographs which have splashed across the top of these pages for several years. They are worn out.

Perhaps a few words are in order.

Caption: "The Mike Durrett Fan Club gets together for a group hug."

Here I am in Monument Valley (2003), one of the most stunningly beautiful places on Earth. The Arizona-Utah locale was the site for countless Hollywood westerns. I've fully intended to write about our fourth visit to the Navajo lands, but I got sidetracked. Naps will do that.

The start of the mammoth automobile journey incorporating Monument Valley was recalled in 2004's "Have Gut -- Will Travel, or Go West, Young Mike, or Darth Vader, My Ass." The story gets as far as the phony cowboy town in Mescal, AZ. Someday, I'll finish it. Darth is still waiting for his face time.

Caption: "Mike Durrett has known Writer's Block, the evil terror."

Every now and again, I draw a blank. Those are the days they close all of the schools and throw impromptu street carnivals. I think last time somebody won a jet ski.

The photo is from a sequence of posts chronicling "How I Spent My Writer's Block." Ironically, it mostly wrote itself.

Caption: "Mike Durrett, age six weeks."

From: "Bye Bye Birthday"

Okay, yeah, I know. I was pretty big when I was born. But, Mom was late -- in her 17th month.

Hey, how many times do I have to tell you people? I am SHY!


Continued: "More Snaps: Shot"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...