Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Even More Snaps: Shot

Continued From: "More Snaps: Shot"

From: "Taste Test: Scooby-Doo! Baked Cheddar Crackers"

Caption: "Mike Durrett, extra cheesy."

You know your diet is on target when you're scarfing down snacks endorsed by a cartoon dog.

Hanna-Barbera, the "Scooby-Doo" company, is notorious for cutting corners on their animation, so I remain suspect of the nutritional value in food shaped like Velma Dinkley.

From: "100 Things About Me #55"

Caption: "Mike Durrett, birthday boy, age 9."

I'm not sure, but my current thinking is this picture was taken at my 10th birthday, not the ninth. I was so much more mature at 10.

That's a party hat appendage on my forehead. I distinctly recall the moment, morphing into this last second pose. I knew the value of a good picture.

My mother was flummoxed with cameras -- a woman who enrolled in a three-day seminar on the term "point and shoot."

She never paid attention to what was going on in the scene while she attempted to line up a shot. She'd get rolls of photos back from the lab with me crossing eyeballs or with my tongue extended. I pulled that stunt well into my 40s.

I was a caring son, though. I'd help her by shouting hints like "Lens cap!" or "Hey, Mom! Yoo hoo! Over here! Planet Earth!"

From: "Taste Test: Kellogg's Disney Chocolate Mud & Bugs"

Caption: "Mike Durrett eats a good breakfast."

Toasted cereal based on "The Lion King," insects floating in milk, a heaping helping of sludge and slugs with a hint of chiggers.

Sorry, it's not my cup of ticks.


Continued: "Even More Even More Snaps: Shot"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...