Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Taste Test: Scooby-Doo! Baked Cheddar Crackers

In my professional duties as a Guide at About.com, I'm always looking for marvelous new sources of Humor to share with our readers. I don't just sit at the keyboard punching out those words (which as many as one of) the people of the world love (marked down from two by the unfortunate acquisition of a kindergarten education).

Photo: Scooby-Doo! Baked Cheddar CrackersNo, no, no, I go out in the field and do actual research. (Although for this taste test, I went out on the back porch. It was nearly dark. I figured you'd never know I wasn't in a field.)

Imagine my infinite rapture to discover comedy canine genius Scooby-Doo has been toasting treats in the Keebler kitchen, apparently from the prized Cartoon Network cookbook.

In the photograph below, I'm smiling in anticipation of Monsieur Doo's special recipe Baked Cheddar Crackers, "made with real cheese," much like this Web site.

Photo: Mikey-Doo poses with a box of salty snacks endorsed by a dog.

I was so happy, in fact, I struck my patented Scooby pose for the paparazzi.

And you wise guys out there, I'll have you know my patented Scooby pose is not the same as my patented Truman Capote pose. Do you see a floppy felted hat?

Photo: Cracker in the shape of Shaggy. Not an actual decapitated head.

Savoring the sure-fire hilarity to come, I ripped open the package and sorted through the crackers, all finely chiseled into the likenesses of Scoob and his A-list comedy pals. For taste test purposes, I selected the orange severed skull of screen legend Shaggy.

Photo: Mike places a Shaggy morsel on his tongue.

Hmmm. Yum. Palatable sapidity. Thank goodness, it doesn't taste like chicken.

And I'm hoping that's not Casey Kasem.

Photo: Mike delivers his review.

The Verdict: It don't taste funny.

::::: Taste Test: Dexter's Mini Sandwich Cookies

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...