Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Incomings

Mike's Mailbag

Lately, I've been sharing my outgoing emails with you. Some readers, however, may be curious to see the messages I receive.

Here's an actual sampling, starting with a question about the eagerly anticipated "Popeye the Sailor: 1941-43, Vol. 3" DVD set.

Did Popeye come out on Amazon? It sez Nov.! You tryin' to steer me wrong?

The one-eyed sailor man rules!

Bluto

P.S. You think Wimpy could get credit these days with his "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday..." line?

Bluto:

The Popeye release date appears to have been pushed back to Nov. 4th.

As for credit, yes.

In fact, my house is mortgaged through Wimpy Mac.

Poopdeck Pappy


(Thanks for that letter from an Astroray of an Atlanta, who prefers to remain anonymous and used an alias, as do and did I.)


A Bob Walker of a Hutchinson, Kansas, writes:

Mike, Mr. Clean died. They buried him between Madge the Manicurist and The Jolly Green Giant.

I doubt the Giant was getting trimmed.

His niblets were creamated.

The gravedigger used a hoe hoe hoe.


A Bob Walker of a Hutchinson, Kansas, writes back:

OK, Mike, they can't all be gems.... May Andy Rooney gang-whisk you with his eyebrow hairs.

May you break the pointer on The Flaccid Meter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...