Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Giving a Show of Kenner's Give-A-Show Projector


Can't see the video? Try here.

I'm pleased to share this color 1968 television commercial for the Kenner's Give-A-Show Projector.

I wrote about my beloved projector as "100 Things About Me #87." I was an early adopter of the toy, the Blu-ray of its day. The era was 1961, when advertisements were in black-and-white.

By the time this spot hit the air, I had been showing 35mm movies professionally in theatres during several of my high school years. By '68, I, too, was in color.

Mostly faded pale beige with a hint of antique taupe, as I reminisce, from all those hours in the dark.

My friend Lewe commented my eyes were receding into their sockets like a mole.

I almost didn't hear him over my munching on earthworms and grubs.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...