Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Am I Blu?

It's been a long haul from the fuzzy, rolling, snowy, tiny, black-and-white television images of my papoosehood, but I've finally acquired state-of-the-art 1080p high definition video equipment. With the HD format war concluded, we adopted a waif Blu-ray disc player into the good home.

I couldn't bring myself to hook up the machine immediately. I let it remain in the box until I could handle the excitement.

The sharpest, crispest-looking box in the universe!

The screen resolution is nothing short of spectacular. I'm not kidding when I say most of the visuals are better than real life. (I purposely left out the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, and the 1976 Jacqueline Bisset in a wet t-shirt.)

A major, desperate goal of mine has been accomplished, after years of saving and doing without.

So, I turn around and all there is to watch is a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson flick?


What's next? "Rat Pfink a Boo Boo?"

Your pal,

Mike "The Schnook" Durrett
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...