Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

100 Things About Me #141

Separated at Life:
Before and After
While rummaging through my third birthday photographs, I recalled a recent snapshot with unintentional similarities, proving some things never change -- certainly not the studly wardrobe choices.


Full Disclosure: Unattended, my bangs would have been dangling by their natural proclivities in both eras. Mother tried to package me in a specific way, so she routinely wet a comb and styled my hair into Sunday School mode before formal picture sessions.

More than likely, she'd also put some spit on a creepy, crumply tissue from her purse and turbo-rub a smudge or three from my face.

Yuck. I am still bummed by that. I was always moist -- and it wasn't mine.

I'm emotionally scarred, I tell ya.


100 Things: #1 | Previous | Next
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...