Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

'Rubber' Bloom

Living in my own li'l world, yesterday, when I learned of a new movie. I shared the one-sentence synopsis on Facebook.

Mike
Flick sounds insane!: RUBBER (2010) "An abandoned tire develops telepathic powers and wreaks havoc on a remote desert town." Do tread on me.

Friend Frank Thompson
So, it's a documentary?

Mike
No, more of a biography of a deflated ego blowout getting in touch with its inner tube. Listening to the soundtrack now.... Frank Sinatra: "It Was a Very Goodyear."

Frank
Ouch.

Mike
Well, you pumped me.

Frank
The movie sounds good but I'm looking forward to the sequel, "Son of Rubber" starring Fred MacMurray Jr.

Sounds like a retread.

I went looking for footage from the film and found the non-vehicular trailer.

To my surprise, "Rubber" could be special. It certainly rides to the top on the hydraulic lift of my must-see list!



"Rubber" (2010) Trailer via YouTube

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...