Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Big Weekend

Big weekend, lounging around the pump down at the Walmart, watching the Gas Station Television Network. This ain't your hotrod daddy's Fuel TV.

Gee, it's swell. Grander than anything on our cable. Documentaries on additives and special announcements about additives. I tell ya, I was informed, entertained, and, might I additive, thoroughly lubed.

Oh, not everything GSTV showed was educational and economical fuel for thought.

Saturday night, we arrived early, got us a good parking space (Pump #7, overlooking the trash barrel and the torn squeegee), munched some Peanut Planks, and tuned into Sheriff Andy and Deputy Barney going down to the gas station for a bottle of pop.

The program was utterly inspirational. I walked over to the Coca-Cola cooler -- that's right -- for a bottle of pop.

I have handlers. They coach me on stuff like that. Most brilliant minds in the business, working for me. I would have missed out on a fine bottle of pop.

Sunday, we returned, did some tailgating, checked the oil, and watched the exciting sequel. Matlock and sidekick Don Knotts going down to the gas station for a bottle of pop.

I walked over to the Coca-Cola cooler -- that's right -- for a bottle of pop!

And I thought to do so all by myself. I give my handlers Sundays off, their day of rest. I may need them today to coach me through Uncle Miltie's "Texaco Star Theatre."

Getting thirsty.

Every car lined up behind me is honking approval!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...