Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Mulling My Molars

Smile Though Your Wallet Is Aching
8:23 a.m. -- I'm going to a dental appointment today. I have fun. Should I leave the floss dangling?

8:24 a.m. -- I opt for drawing black spots on my teeth with a Sharpie pen.

10:12 a.m. -- I may sue my dentist. He implies I have a big mouth. It's the "MEN AT WORK" sign next to my chair.

10:13 a.m. -- My dentist likes to shout down my mouth for the echoes.

11:11 a.m. -- The dentist adjusts my bite. I can tell. I find myself a lot kinder to politicians.

$2800 later -- I have two new crowns, one gold and one porcelain, side by side. I hum "Blingy and ivory chew together in perfect harmony..."

11:20 a.m. -- I bid adieu and a drool to the doctor, saying, "Thanks for not letting me be a toothless goon."

I am a fully-teethed goon.

11:37 a.m. -- Post-dentist letdown. I always feel special when I'm touched by rubber gloves.

12:02 p.m. -- An epiphany:

I've had only two dentists in my life, father and son. I'm celebrating my 50th anniversary with the same spit sink!

I'm sentimental that way.

I'm a chick flick.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...