Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

About My Face

Re: "Ain't That a Kick in the Headshot"

I'm still gawping at this, my two-year-old About.com mug shot. Oooo, so sunny and charming!

The truth is I was standing in some tiny, cluttered hotel room in Atlanta with my hands in my pockets, foraging for nuts.

It took at least five people to make this photograph: the camera guy, the corporate wrangler, wardrobe, hair, makeup.

Yeah, makeup. To get color in my face, I was pelted with pout blusher. Unboxed.

I balked at makeup, but being a team player, I relented. Besides, there were snacks with every smock.

The Chocolush, Nougat Swirl, and Toffee Drizzle tasted dreadful.

So, that picture...

What's with the tilt of my neck? I look like a bobblehead doll.

Or one of those trick drinking birds dribbling Fuzzy Navels.

*sigh*

Later. I'm thirsty....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...