Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Show People

Since I see a lot of touring Broadway plays, I've developed a little ritual over the years to celebrate my very favorite productions. I buy the souvenir shirts.

I've acquired quite a few, including "Les Miserables," "Show Boat," and "Miss Saigon," and scarcely a week goes by that I don't have "Damn Yankees" or "The Producers" proudly emblazoned across my chest.

Last night, we attended an event worthy of such accolades. The performances were of the highest order. I was moved and, after the standing ovation at the curtain call, I made a beeline straight for the merchandise in the theatre lobby.

"What's your hurry?" asked Donna.

"I want to get to the counter before they sell out," I said.

"What? A t-shirt? That 'show your passion' thing again, Mike?"

"Yeah."

"I... don't... think... so..."

LITTLE WOMEN t-shirt

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...