Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

One Night Only! The Mike Durrett Dancers!

Production Assistance by JibJab

I can't believe I let Lester talk me into this. He yearns for me to be on "Dancing With the Stars," something I absolutely refuse to consider. I have no desire to trip over Leeza Gibbons' feet.

"She seems very nice," I said. "I'd split a sammich with her, but no bolero-mambos."

"What about St. Paddy's Day with The Mike Durrett Dancers?" Lester asked.

"There are no Mike Durrett Dancers, guy. I set 'em free after the fair."

"Oh, Connie and me can do it," he begged, "and we'll slip some cheeseburgers to a couple of homely girls down at the Sonic."

"Yeah, you do that, Lester," I said dismissively.

The next thing I knew I was before the cameras this evening, dancing a jig on our local public access television station. We were on after the religious ventriloquist, us doing the warm-up for the elderly lacing footballs.

The musical clip posted above is the result. I'm the man in black. Lester and Connie, my clones, are in the line. I refuse to single them out because, frankly, they embarrass me.

What you see is my luck, the luck of the partially Irish. Now, I've got some more exhaling to do....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...