Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Which Absurd Cat Are You?

I don't know if it's my sore throat medication or the fact I sleep with kitties who persist in their nocturnal purrings of the incidental music from old Pixie and Dixie mice cartoons, but I woke up this morning wondering whatever absurd cat am I?

Of course, if you're like me -- and why would you not be? -- your next thought would have been, "Can I pee, first?"

I could. And I did. Then, it was on to the Internet to find the answer to the puzzling question. Wash your paws and join me.

Lucky for me, there is an online personality quiz specifically asking, "Which Absurd Cat Are You?"

I scampered around on the carpet, swatted a yarn ball, and then returned to the keyboard.

No, next, I curled up over the heater hole alongside the floorboards for a six-hour nap.

Then, I checked my bowl, grumbled at the mundane sameness I face every day in the culinary swill department, and then I returned to my keyboard, which was bathed happily in a sunny spot.

I answered all the questions, rolled over on my back, and dangled my upside-down head off the side of the desk. I can be irresistible.

Not one person, however, scratched my scalp or tousled my mane or touched my button nose. Go figure, it was dry.

My Results
Photo: Couch Potato Cat
You scored as Couch Potato Cat. Decorative pillow? No, that'd be you sitting on the couch, even still. Hmm... I'm guessing you have Web TV.

The questionnaire awarded me 100% as a Couch Potato Cat. I guess that's fair. Hey, can I get some salmon in here?!

Excuse me. Yes, I do watch a lot of television, but I'm more of a TiVo pussycat and I tend to quaff milk.

I had been considering curling up in front of the TV this evening. Most nights, there's a warm lap. Not now, though, never mind, I've changed my focus.

Sometimes I prefer the live theatre instead. There's a classic playing tonight: "The Moth and the Lightbulb."

See ya, it's already started in the dryer room....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...