Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Off the Wall

Saving Facebook: My Confessions: 

On Travel
Mike
We're heading west this year to hit some national parks, Grand Canyon, Arches, Bryce Canyon, and non-park Monument Valley. Might just take in Jellystone. I hear it's gigantic! Might as well visit Jellostone Park, too, while we're out there. Have some picaniks...

Friend Brandon
I heard that you were hitchhiking out there!

Mike
Hope I don't get thumbburned.

On Vision
Mike
Insurance will not pay for my cataract surgery, but they will sew me shiny new buttons for eyes!

Brother Bob
Will Obamacare cover the buttons that have the floating pupils that move around when you turn your head? Those are the greatest!!

Mike
Actually, I'm still awhile away from fixing cataracts and dealing with insurance issues. I am dreaming of shiny new buttons, though. Baby blue, of course.

Friend Sheryl
You might try adding a bright red yarn wig and white sailor cap with those new eyes.

Mike
Yarn wigs and sailor caps. You may be thinking of Red Buttons....

I always wanted a sailor cap.

Don't read this part: And a red yarn wig.

On Shopping
Mike
Now going to do battle at the dollar store.... Pray for me.

Later
They shredded me and put me on a shelf with Taiwan meats.

On Grooming
Mike
Oh, thank you, thank you! I've found a good home for my unwanted facial hair....

Friend Claire
Yeah, Frank's nose!

Friend Frank
You got that righ...HEY!

On "Psycho"
Mike
"Psycho" was released 50 years ago today (June 16). I was too young to attend, but I remember the hoopla around it stirring up more of a culture frenzy than "Star Wars" created on its debut. Hitchcock's "little film" turned out to have the most longevity of his pictures with the general public, I'd say, although I adore many of them....

Friend Cathy
Like you, I was also too young to attend, but then I got old enough to see it and took nothing but baths during my teenage years.

Mike
Yep. Altered my behavior, too. I like to sink sedans into swamps.

Cathy
Please tell me there wasn't a butcher knife involved.

Mike
No. No, I don't think so, but I'll go check with Mother....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...