Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Incredible Weekend

Friday
Another opening night in the theatre ... "The Incredibles" was super. I've heard the film earned $70 million in three days. That's a record, nearly 100 times what I paid for two tickets and a box of Sno-Caps.

After the show, I saw a family of four stand up and move into a popcorn bucket.

As we walked by, their kids griped butter had flooded the basement.

We exited the multiplex into a cool autumn evening. I told my wife, "I'd like some 'Incredibles' for Christmas."

She said, "Then, how about underwear from the new millennium? And sex?"

"I meant toys!" I snapped. "And what makes you think the sex will be Incredible?"

"I shall call you 'Dash.'"

Saturday
Silence.

Sunday
10:42 p.m.: "Oh, YEAH?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...