Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Call Me Mad, Damn

Continued From: Menu and Wife

In the past decade, with Donna's encouragement, I have worked hard as a writer. I've applied myself, looked up many words in one of them word books with all of the words, and achieved the ultimate award of my profession: a free blog at Blogger.

We are celebrities now and it's about time we settled on our celebrity couple name. You know, like Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez were "Bennifer," Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are "TomKat," and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are "Brangelina."

All the kids have one, why not us?

"How about 'MiDon?'" I asked Donna.

"People will call us 'Midol,'" she said.

"How about 'Mido?'"

"What are we, mutts? I don't like it."

"'Mikedo?'"

"Three syllables?" she wondered aloud. "Too close to 'The Mikado.' Our love is a Gilbert and Sullivan farce without the flute section, yes, but nope, not that name. And take off that kimono. It's the dead of winter. Again, you are not Japanese."

"Okay," I said, "there's only one option left: 'DoMike.'"

"'Do Mike?'"

I whispered, "'DoMike.'"

Our eyes locked. It was electric. We could feel the hunger.

"You want a banana sandwich?"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...