Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

100 Things About Me #41

Shapely Chick  

Photo: Buddies Chicken Little and Mike Durrett.I am a man of 3-D.

Well, I will be when I lose 30 more pounds. I'm currently protruding into unauthorized areas of Width.

Plus, I inadvertently caused a little mishap inside the Fourth Dimension. My gut punched the snooze button in The Fabric of Time.

No biggie. No worse than the narcolepsy Larry King induces each night on CNN.

I adore 3-D movies. I've seen a bunch of them. The latest being Walt Disney Pictures' "Chicken Little" in a new video projection system, Disney Digital 3-D. There's no film involved. The show exists on a computer hard drive inside the theatre and is Photo: Chicken Little one-sheet movie poster.transferred to the special silver screen via a huge apparatus which looks similar to the motion picture machines of the past century. The innards, however, are cutting edge technology.

I have a basic grasp of each complex step necessary to achieve the magic, except how in the world do Chicken Little's glasses remain on his head without ears to hang them on?

#1 | Previous | Next

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also saw the digital 3D version of Chicken Little. However, watching it with the 3D glasses over my regular glasses gave me a headache and by the time the show was half over I had to remove my regular glasses. The 3D still looked great, but the incredible focus of the digital projection was gone. I would also like to be a man of 3D, just like our host here, but like U.E. McGill, when it comes to 3D at least, "I am a man of constant sorrow" instead. Sigh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...