Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Meet the Neighbors


Early, over the weekend, Donna taunted me with the details of a baby she saw bounding playfully in the forest adjacent to our home. I was envious and grabbed her camera. That would teach her.


Several days elapsed, but around four o'clock in the afternoon, I opened the refrigerator for a snack and out of the corner of my eye, I espied a polka-dotted blur ambling my way, down the drive. The very same tot, our newest neighbor, came a-callin'!


Huh? What's this? Hey, it was twins!


Seems these young'uns had been giving us the classic twins' fake-out, taking turns pretending to be a total of one.


Yeah, play tricks on the old people in the woods, punks.

And their mother allows them, saying nothing.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...