Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

'Barbarella,' Psychedelia, Oh, Yes, Yes, Yeah

From time to time, I share my favorite main title sequences from motion pictures. Just like movie posters, creative presentation of the credits can outshine the overall achievements of a film. Case in point: "Barbarella" (1968).


I rode a dismal city bus and transferred to a second to go downtown and across town to see "Barbarella," during its original release. I was bored watching the bulk of the science fiction spoof, but nothing, nothing could have topped these opening minutes with Jane Fonda.

She was airborne and weightless.

Curiously, little 16-year-old me was, too.


"Barbarella" Main Title Sequence via Blip.tv

Frank Thompson: "Now that is what every main title should look like. Except they should lose those pesky credits."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...