Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

100 Things About Me #132

Christmas Memories, 1958-Present
Five years before The Beatles exploded our way, another boy band reigned. Alvin and the Chipmunks topped the pop charts with their debut hit, "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)." The squirrelly crooners won two Grammy awards for what would become the only Christmas tune to score #1 on the
Billboard Hot 100. The recording was so beloved, the track was incorporated into their 1961 television series, "The Alvin Show."

This marvelous group, shepherded by agent / stepdad David Seville, was one of my major musical influences, although I have moved on to pistachios.

For Mikey, it just would not be Christmas without Alvin.

Alvin.

AL-VINNN!!!




And, yes, I wanted a hula hoop.

I doubt I could fit into it now.


100 Things: #1 | Previous | Next
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...