Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

And @TheJerryMathers as The Tweeter


I've enjoyed "The Trouble With Harry," Alfred Hitchcock's droll dark comedy, three or four times over the years. Whenever I think of it, the first image to pop into my head is always the same, focused on the film's most remarkable couple. Yesterday's recollection was no different and I was moved to share this thought on Twitter:

Is there more perfect, adorable casting than Shirley MacLaine & Jerry Mathers as mother & son in Hitchcock's THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY (1955)?


Leave it to Twitter. It wasn't long until I discovered this surprising reply by one of my childhood heroes:

From @TheJerryMathers:
@MikeDurrett - It was Shirley's first film and I'm introducing it at the @TCM Classic Film Festival (April 28-May1)!

My turn:

How great to hear from @TheJerryMathers re: THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY (1955). Wish I could be with you @TCM FF. You're swell in this, age 6?

I'll never wash my computer again!



"The Trouble With Harry" Original Theatrical Trailer via YouTube
Narrated by Frank Nelson and Art Gilmore

Follow @TheJerryMathers and @MikeDurrett on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...