Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

'Techno Kittens'

As I embark on my journey to sidestep "Journey to the Center of the Earth," Morty has saved the day, sending over another video to post, so I can get a good start on the grand trek of cinematic circumvention.

I've done massive geological research and I know the center of the Earth is indeed filled with screaming B-list actors, improbable situations, overbearing loud noises, and fast cutting. I don't need to see a movie of the same.

About the Clip

Morty at the Movies with Morty the Cat
I've been film schooling my kitty in the finer nuances of the musical genre. Most recently, we watched "I Dood It" (1943), Vincente Minnelli's reworking of Buster Keaton's superior "Spite Marriage" (1929). Morty was appreciative of the slapstick comedy of Red Skelton and the tappy toes of Eleanor Powell, but he thought they should be furrier.

And not "old school," he said.

You know, I just hate it when the young meow that term to me.

I bristled and replied, "Well, Mr. Smarty Panther," what do you have to show me?"

That's when he unveiled this elaborate production number, starring the Malric Kittens, reminiscent of "A Chorus Line," I must say.

Bob Fosse would be in heaven.


Can't see the kittens? Try here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...