Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

'The Patsy of the Rings'

Continued From: The Making of "I Lost My Heart in a Drive-In Movie," part of a thread beginning with "I Lost My Heart in a Drive-In Movie"

I didn't intend to go off on a tangent writing about "The Patsy" with Jerry Lewis in the role of the mythic Stanley Belt, but since we're here, let me take this opportunity to refresh everyone's memory.

"The Patsy," of course, is one of the books in J.R.R. Tolkien's classic literature (and the subsequent film adaptation), "The Lord of the Rings."

Who can forget the adventure when, while overnighting at a Middle-earth bed-and-porridge cottage ("Free Color TB in Every Room"), Bilbo Baggins beseeches a bumbling bellboy to fetch him a shoehorn from the concierge?

Their subsequent, inevitable friendship leads to that nice young man, Stanley, engaging a better job as Events Coordinator for the Council.

Do we have a clip?

We have a clip. Let's take a Gandalf gander.


Nice to see my favorite comedy team together again, McKellen and Lewis.


Continued: 100 Things About Me #107: Artsy 'Patsy'

Can't see the video? Click here.
(Thanks to the weird and brilliant Melanie for the excellent clip.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...