Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

'I Lost My Heart in a Drive-In Movie'


We've returned from our first outing this year at a drive-in theatre, Atlanta's Starlight. Whenever I go, I flash back to that childhood night in the summer of 1964, watching Jerry Lewis in "The Patsy" at the long gone Scott Drive-in, Decatur, GA.

In the film, the world's most inept performer, Stanley Belt, rhapsodically encapsulates the outdoor motion picture experience. He appears on a teen TV show to lip-sync his new hit record, "I Lost My Heart in a Drive-in Movie."

It's one of the loveliest of lullabies, composed by David Raksin (with Jack Brooks), who wrote the classic theme to "Laura," and was Oscar-nominated for his scores in "Forever Amber" and "Separate Tables."

Here's the rather moving tune. Where are my tissues?


Can't see the video? Click here.

Continued: The Making of "I Lost My Heart in a Drive-In Movie"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...