Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

CINERAMA Holiday

I'm fanatical about CINERAMA, the gigantic, deep-curved movie format of the '50s and '60s. I believe when I die, there will be 17 mint prints of "How the West Was Won" waiting for me in Heaven.

At last count, only three theatres on Earth remain equipped with the special machines necessary to project the films properly. In America, presentations of CINERAMA are rare, so I was delighted to share some news with my wife. Here's the actual email conversation.

From: Mike Durrett
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 1:34 PM
To: Donna Durrett
Subject: HTWWW

From my friend, Rich, in L.A....

HOW THE WEST WAS WON, presented in the original 3 strip Cinerama process is coming to ArcLight Cinemas Hollywood at the Cinerama Dome for an exclusive one week engagement beginning Friday October 28, 2005. There will be two performances daily...

Donna wrote:

Do you want to go to LA to see this?

My response:

That would be cool, but probably not cost effective.

But, then again, Agnes Moorehead ogling Karl Malden's 30-foot nose. Hmmm....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...