Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

We Remember Mamas

Danny Gallagher is a fine young man I find myself mentoring in the Big Smart-Ass outreach program. We go for long walks and meditation and giggle at dumshits.

It's my way of giving back to the community. I do it, as always, for the children.

Danny's catching me up on his family. I'd like to meet them. He writes of Mother: "She's one of those caring mothers who raised me in a warm, loving environment by summoning Azrael and his dominion of demons from Hell if my room wasn't constantly clean."

Good heavens. The lad and I are alike in so many ways. I have been summoned by Azrael and his dominion of demons from Hell. Usually, when they need a fourth for Pinochle Night.

I don't much enjoy those visits. I get a good hand. It's an apparition.

And they seldom wash their phantasms before raking through the Chex Mix.

Those guys just kill me, bringing me back to go fetch beer from the QuikTrip.

Let me forewarn you, Death is a cold, hard place. Plus, Mom's there to make my wraith put on clean underwear.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...