Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Too Nutty: 'My Ding-a-ling' and 'My Toot Toot'

Friend Susan mentioned on Facebook that her teenagers didn't know whether to believe their mother when she said she used to listen to the songs "My Ding-a-ling" and "(Don't Mess With) My Toot Toot" on the radio.

Yeah, kids, it happened, way back in the olden times, between beating clothes on a rock and toting parasols under Pterodactyls.

Here comes the proof.



Chuck Berry: "My Ding-a-ling" (1972) via YouTube

I posted this comment to the discussion:

I was a DJ on WIIN-97 in Atlanta in 1973-74 when MY DING-A-LING was released. We played it every 90 minutes or so, while other radio stations would not. We took some heat for doing it, too, and worried about having our FCC license pulled. I don't recall the toot toot song, although mine can be quite the symphony.



Rockin' Sidney: "My Toot Toot" (1985) via YouTube

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...