Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Big Weekend

Oh.

My.

God.

And Ed Sullivan.

Big weekend, overwhelmed by Jackie Evancho, live in concert with The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.



Jackie Evancho: "Nessun Dorma" From "PBS Great Performances" (2011) via YouTube


I turned to my wife and said, "Is this a prank?"

I have never heard or seen anyone like this beautiful child.

Eleven.

She is eleven.

Ten selections. Six prolonged standing ovations. I have witnessed no artist achieve a similar response in such a setting.



Jackie Evancho: "A Time for Us," Atlanta Symphony Hall, Aug. 5, 2011 via YouTube


The Nutty Professor (Special Edition)
When I was 11, I was schlepping around, wearing wax buck teeth and impersonating Professor Julius F. Kelp.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...