Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Movies in the Movies: 'Hellzapoppin''


"Hellzapoppin'" (1941) is based on the Broadway musical-comedy success starring Ole Olsen and Chic Johnson, a popular team during the 1930s. I enjoyed the frantic, anything goes structure of the enterprise, which became, in part, the basis for the "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In" television series, and, subsequently, scores of shows.


Many readers of these pages know I put myself through school and a large part of my life as a movie theatre projectionist.


So, imagine my delight and pride to discover that the iconic projectionist within "Hellzapoppin'" is none other than...


Shemp Howard!


I'm a Stooge!


Related: "Movies in the Movies: 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'" | "Movies in the Movies: 'Girls! Girls! Girls!'"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...