Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Thoughts During Ian Fleming's 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'

I visited the Fox Theatre a few evenings after my "Gone With the Wind" projection gig, as a civilian to see the national tour of Ian Fleming's "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" stage production. Some thoughts, while focusing on the show:
  • James Bond's nickname, "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," was coined in 1962 by a journalist. 007's creator, Fleming, based his 1964 children's book on the 1920s' car known as "Chitty Bang Bang."

    "That's an unbelievable coincidence," I smirked, munching hot, buttered bang-bangcorn.

  • This musical is excellent, better than the "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" film, keeping many parts. I'm so thankful it's in color!

  • If I had a flying car, would Homeland Security make an air marshall ride shotgun? Or would he lurk incognito in a random seat to keep me guessing, "Is he or isn't he?"

  • When man landed on the moon, I was projecting the "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" movie. By the end of this play, I came to dread facing the traditional all-nighter with Walter Cronkite again.


  • Did the flying Chitty Chitty Bang Bang ever go parking and do the bouncy-bouncy with the Flubber car?

  • Still waiting for Jane Jetson to be born, grow up, and share her weightless and fluffy cookie recipes.

  • With my fear of air travel, I'd never get a plane car. I'll stick to matter teleportation. It's the only way to fly.

  • But, mostly, I imagined a Truly Scrumptious pajama party with Pussy Galore, Honey Ryder, Mary Goodnight, and Plenty O'Toole.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...