Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Love Me Chocolate or That's All Right (Nana)

Continued From: "Viva Jasper, Georgia," part of a thread beginning with "Cents and Sensibility."


The other night, when I spotted Elvis Presley, he was appearing on the supermarket circuit to promote his special Reese's Peanut Butter & Banana Creme.

It was almost like old times, except there were no wacky Elvis movie sidekicks, preferably Will Hutchins and Joby Baker, in attendance, nor any of the surfeit of Jack Mullaney and Bill Bixby impersonators.

There were bananas over in Produce and peanut butter in economy jars.

I also gazed around the store for Shelley Fabares, Nancy Sinatra, Stella Stevens, and 'Scilla, but I think they may have split with Elvis. He didn't look like he wanted to talk about them.

The Jordanaires were outside in a '68 El Camino, trying on trusses.

I'm guessing.

I have no county-notarized evidence on that.

Just a hunch.

I follow Elvis. I would know.

So, anyway, I like the Peanut Butter & Banana Creme candy. It's based, obviously, on The King's unwavering devotion to fried p'nut butter and nanner sammiches.

If I were a meat eater, I'd be smacking in anticipation of that other Presley favorite making its way into Reese's Peanut Butter & Big Bottomless Bowl of Bacon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...