Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Gifts Senior Moment Santa Forgot to Bring Me #7

SANTA'S TOYLAND, opposite Orange Julius and Sunglass Hut, Dec. 21 --
Mike: Do I have to keep making these mall visits, Santy? The lines! And what's the deal with all of these kids? I thought we were old friends. Why can't you cellphone me? Either I'm getting bigger or your lap is getting smaller.

Santa Claus: Ho! Ho!--

Mike: Ho? You know what I hope? I hope that's your keys. Is this beard real? Listen, let's cut to the chase: I want jellies. Those little gift assortments are fine. Bring me a tin of jams.


A can of yams! Does he even listen? He brought me a giant can of yams! Took up my entire stocking. I bet he did that to save the trip to the Dollar Store. Get some exercise, Tubby.

I guess I should be thankful, but I couldn't help but notice my yams are imprinted with some other fella's name on 'em. These are Bruce's.

*sigh*

Hand Me Down Yams.

If Santa had brought me my nose harp, I'd record that for RCA Victor.

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...