Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Exciting Office Picnic Action

As I do each summer, like a good husband should cower, I attended my wife's firm party at the lake.

There was swimming, hiking, and sparkling conversation. The frolics never ceased.


I did have a fine lunch, as seen in this photograph. I'm holding onto the meal for it's protection.

The fear was my stomach would fall off the swing to the ground, followed by my body rolling over my gut. My flab would then be yanked across me to the other side, followed in kind by my body again, starting the rhythmic downhill pattern of me tumbling into the water like a Slinkyfied manatee.

That dread, however, was unfounded and I have since shed two pounds.

I passed the volleyball.

I should never nap with my mouth open so close to the net.

Photo copyright 2005 Donna Durrett. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...