Mike Durrett: CONFIDENTIAL

Show Me the Bunny

I don't like to air my religious beliefs in public, but one of life's biggest mysteries has been bothering me for decades and no one ever comments. There's a black hole of information. I've often suspected a dire cover-up, probably emanating from the Vatican.

I find nothing in bibles, "Dead Sea Scrolls," or "Consumer Reports."

Here it is, Good Friday, and where, oh, where is the Easter Bunny?

You never see him until three days pass. He wasn't at The Last Supper -- at least, in the group photo I've examined. I don't see any reportage of him at the Crucifixion. There's nary a frame of the hopster in "Passion of the Christ" (and Dom DeLuise was available).

Shouldn't we have seen Bunny before Easter? I mean, he's obviously within the Christianity administrative circles. His absence is all very curious, very curious, indeed.

And we need the eggs.

Perhaps, I'm too critical. To be honest, here's a full disclosure. I'm not exactly enthralled with religion at the moment. I received another Mikemas church sign photograph taken on my birthday....

Photo: Church Sign says, ''STILL WRAPPED IN SWADDLING CLOTHES... HAPPY MIKEMAS, YOU HALF NAKED MORON''

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...